Bowl of goodness! Is it a Buddha Bowl, Nourish Bowl, Salad Bowl!? Whatever it is, it’s delishious!
From what I can see online, Buddha bowls are usually vegan and combine good sources of protein, such as whole grains and legumes with veggies to make up a well-balanced dish.
So because this one isn’t vegan, let’s call it a nourish bowl – combining little bits and pieces for lots of different flavours and of course nutrients. They’re super flexible, so you can see what you have in the fridge. Once you’ve prepared a grain like quinoa or rice and a nice sauce at the beginning of the week, it’s quite easy to just put it all together for a quick nutritious lunch.
In the one I made today, I used:
- Quinoa (rinse and put 200g in TM basket), add 900g of water and cook for 20 mins/Varoma/Speed 1.
- Sautéed spinach in butter
- Kalamata olives
- Greek Feta
- Cucumber with sprinkled mixed herbs
and this delicious sauce:
- 1 tbsn olive oil
- 1 red onion, halved
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 chilli
- 90g cashews
- 1 tbsn honey
- 1 tbsn soy sauce
- 100g coconut milk
- Place onion, garlic, chilli in TM bowl, chop 3 Secs/Speed 6.
- Add oil and cook 2 min/Varoma/Speed 1.
- Add remaining ingredients, cook 2 min/Varoma/Speed 1.
- Reduce temp, cook 5 min/100'/Speed 1.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes in the TM bowl.
- Blend 10 seconds/Speed 7.
- Roast veggies
- Grated carrot