I love the Thermomix for many reasons, but I have to say, it’s particularly good for making soups an absolute breeze! We like a good thick soup and although this has very few ingredients, it is super delicious!
- 1 onion, halved
- 2 cloves garlic
- 40g olive oil
- 6 medium carrots, cut into 4 pieces
- 2cm piece of ginger
- 300g bone broth or liquid chicken stock
- salt and pepper
- juice of 1 lemon (or food grade lemon essential oil)
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- Place onion and garlic in TM bowl, chop 5 seconds/Speed 5. Scrape down.
- Add olive oil and cook 3 mins/Varoma/Speed 1.
- Add carrots and ginger and chop 5 seconds/Speed 5.
- Add broth and seasoning and cook for 15 mins/100'/Reverse/Speed 2.
- Add lemon juice or 2-3 drops lemon essential oil mixed with a little olive oil.
- Blend slowly for 30 seconds going from speed 1 to speed 9.
- Pour into bowls and top with chives.