If you like Thai flavours and risotto, you’ll love this! Increase the amount of chili for your taste.
- 2 cloves garlic
- 5cm piece of ginger
- 1 onion
- 1 fresh red chilli
- 30g olive oil
- 1 bunch coriander
- 80g coconut cream
- 30g white wine vinegar
- 20g fish sauce
- 350g Arborio rice
- 300g pumpkin, cubed
- 300g chicken thigh, cubed
- 900g chicken stock (water with good quality chicken stock cube) or home-made broth
- 1 tablespoon, crushed peanuts
- *Optional - ginger and lemongrass food-grade essential oils
- Place garlic, onion, chilli and ginger into TM bowl and chop 3 sec/Speed 7. Scrape down sides and repeat.
- Add oil and saute 2 min/100'C/Reverse/Speed 1.
- Insert butterfly attachment.
- Add rice, coconut cream, fish sauce, white wine vinegar and saute 1 min/100'C/Reverse/Speed 1.
- Add stock and cook 8 min/100'C/Reverse/Speed 1.
- Add pumpkin and chicken and cook a further 8 min/100'C/Reverse/Speed 1.
- Add optional essential oils (only 1 drop) and cook 1 min/100'C/Reverse/Speed 1.
- Transfer to Thermoserver.
- Serve topped with crushed peanuts and coriander and seasoned with a little salt.
The essential oils are not essential, however they do provide a burst of flavour and depth to this dish.
I use doTERRA Essential Oils as they are 100% pure, ethically sourced and tested for potency and purity. The testing ensures they are safe, natural, free of contaminants/synthetics/fillers. To read more about these oils click here.