I started playing around with gummies a while ago. It’s a lot of fun to try different fruits and make your own gummy lollies. I purchased some gelatin from my local health food store as it’s an excellent source of protein, it’s amazing for your skin and joints and its anti-inflammatory properties support a healthy gut and gut lining. Using real fruits such as berries or other fruits is a super healthy treat with many benefits. It’s also a great way to get little people to eat fruit if you have that issue (I do!). However, today my gelatin met coffee and OMG, best gummies I’ve had! That might be because I LOOOOVVVEEEE the flavour of coffee…
- 1.5 tbsn gelatin (such as great lakes or changing habits)
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 mug black filtered coffee (strained)
- 1-2 tbsn maple syrup (to taste)
- Add the cold water to gelatin, give a good stir and set aside for a few minutes.
- Add the coffee, gelatin and maple syrup to TM bowl and heat for 2 min/37'/Speed 2.
- Pour into moulds and place in fridge for a couple of hours to set.
- Store in a container in the fridge for up to a week.
You don’t need a Thermomix for this recipe, you could easily heat the mixture in a saucepan. I’ve just used a mould from K-mart. Although you can get cool authentic moulds here. (Affiliate Link).