Lately i’ve been getting into DIY products that we use on a regular basis, handwash, cleaning spray, body wash and today it was shaving cream. My husband asked me to buy some more shaving cream. As I was reading the ingredients on the back of the can in the supermarket, I thought surely it would be better to make this myself with natural lubricants rather than petrochemicals. I just think that if I can eliminate some of the day to day unnecessary questionable chemicals, then I will. I adapted this recipe from the dōTERRA blog.
I purchased the shea butter from my local health food shop and I can certainly help you get these amazing, therapeutic grade essential oils for personal or business use at wholesale prices – click here to learn more.
- 1 part shea butter (1/2 cup)
- 1 part carrier oil (1/2 cup)
- 15 drops of essential oil of choice (tea tree, lavender, peppermint, juniper berry, geraniun, frankincense, cedarwood all work well)
- glass jar
- Add shea butter and carrier oil to TM bowl and heat 2mins/100'/Speed 2.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Add 5 drops each of essential oils of choice (15 in total).
- Blitz on speed 6 to mix through.
- Transfer to glass jar.
- Allow to rest and it will firm up.
- Mix with a wooden spatula and it will be light and fluffy.